Monday, November 15, 2010

Week 14

Well, here I am...14 weeks with (as my nephew Jack likes to say) my "Bun in the Oven."  Well, I was officially 14 weeks this past Saturday, but we were consumed with the nephews.  I caught a glance of myself in the mirror on Saturday and was like, "Woah...where'd that tummy come from?!"  I can no longer suck it in.  It's there, and I'm okay with it!  It means that Baby B-shaw is growing!  Please excuse the outfit...I had yoga earlier!



How Far Along: 14 weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Loss of 2 pounds, but that was at my last appointment on October 29th.  I have a feeling that there will be a gain when I go back to the doctor at the end of November.  How fair is it that I have to go to the doctor right after Thanksgiving and Christmas?!

Maternity Clothes: I've worn maternity pants a few times, just because they are more comfy than a lot of my regular pants.  I have a Bella Band and wear that, too!

Gender: Wish we knew!  I think our appointment will be the week after Christmas.

Movement: Not yet, but I have a feeling it will start in the next few weeks.

Sleep: I've been having some back/sciatic nerve pain, so that has been annoying my during the night.  I'm trying to sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs, by apparently I toss and turn all night, so I tend to lose the pillow.

What I miss: I had a good salad that had blue cheese on it, but I took it mostly off.  Also, we had our annual End of Parent-Teacher Conferences Wine and Cheese Party on Friday night at my co-worker's house.  It would have been fun to partake in the vino, but oh well!

Cravings: Nothing in particular!  I love sweets and cold dairy products (frozen yogurt, yogurt, ice cream, etc).

Symptoms: Sciatic nerve and lower back pain

Best Moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat with the doppler I bought (heard it a few times this week) and having Jack, our nephew, ask me, "Aunt Kate...how is your bun in the oven?"  Hilarious!

3 comments:

  1. Kate,
    I am so excited for you! You are glowing friend and girl you have the cutest baby bump awwwww. love it!! You should totally try to come with an excuse to go to the OB before Christmas so you can find out what your baby is....what an awesome christmas present to know boy or girl LOL....

    love ya
    SUmmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Glad you're feeling well:) So funny about the "not being able to suck it in anymore" comment!

    ReplyDelete