Monday, December 6, 2010

Week 17 Bump-date!

(Again, please excuse the pic!  I somehow always remember to do this after yoga, when I'm looking my finest...obvi!)

How Far Along: 17 weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: At my appointment last week, I had gained 5 pounds.  Since I lost 2 pounds last time, I like to say that it's an overall gain of 3 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants at this point.  I still have one pair of my own pants (a size larger than I normally wear) that I can still do with a belly band. 

Gender: We'll find out on December 27th!  Happy late Christmas to us!

Movement: Maybe a little teeny bit of movement, but I really don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for.

Sleep: I've been sleeping really well recently.  I still wake up on my back and panic, but I wear that once I shouldn't be on my back, my body will let me know.

What I miss: Nothing really....maybe having the energy to stay up late.

Cravings: Ice cream!  I bought Reese's Pieces at the store, so I made sundaes with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, melted peanut butter and Reese's Pieces...delish!

Symptoms: Some headaches, but that's about it.  

Best Moment this week: Having my doctor tell me that I have a textbook pregnancy...and making the appointment to find out if our little one is a healthy baby boy or healthy baby girl!

I must add, though, that I had an annoying moment this week.  I was talking to a coworker about finding out the baby's sex and I told her that I really want a girl.  I'm not going to lie, we have a lot of boys in our family, and the last eight babies born to teachers at our school have been boys!  After I told her that, her reply was, "All I hoped was that I had a healthy baby."  No duh!  I was upset by what she said because, of course, I want a healthy baby.  That's a given. That's all I pray for.  I don't pray for a girl!  I just a healthy baby who is developing as he/she should.  Oh well, I'll just chalk it up to something someone should not say to a pregnant lady!

2 comments:

  1. you look awesome kate!
    and i totally understand [well as much as a non-pregnant/or mom can] that you would LOVE to have a little girl - but first and foremost you want a healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!

    (how rude of that lady...you had better composure than I would have)

    ReplyDelete