Monday, August 8, 2011

Bathroom Renovation!

Today marks the first day of our bathroom renovation!  Words cannot express my excitement for this event!  Our house is 54 years old, and our only full bathroom is one of the only rooms that has not been updated.  We're talking 50's style tile, a huge (and water-wasting) toilet, and grout that has seen its best days years ago.  





Kurt's friend, Artie, owns a construction company, so he, and two of his guys, arrived early this morning to begin the demolition.  I can hear the tiles flying around up there as I type.  Today and tomorrow are demolition and prep days.  Wednesday and Thursday are tiling and installing days, and Friday is painting and putting back together day.  The only downfall is that we don't have a working shower for the next few days.  Kurt's going to shower at work (his office has a gym), Sam will get a bath in the kitchen sink, and I'm going to be borrowing my friends, Jenni and Blake's, shower.  

I'll update as progress is made!  

1 comment:

  1. Love that tile...we have vintage looking bathrooms too!

    ReplyDelete