I recently saw someone post something on Facebook about cousins being your first friends. I truly believe that! My cousin Kourtney, who is about 17 months older than me, was my first friend. There are pictures from nearly thirty-two years ago of her holding me when I was just a few weeks old, and most recently, there are pictures of the two of us on her wedding day in November.
I'm so glad that Sam has cousins whom he can grow up with. His cousins, Jack and Will, are almost five and three, so that makes all three boys two years apart. Last night, we went over to Kurt's parents' house to celebrate Jack's early birthday (he's a St. Patty's Day baby!). Now that Sam is active and mobile, it's neat to see them interact. The older boys love "Baby Sam" and I can tell Sam already admires his cousins. He loves to sit and watch them. They live about 3 hours from us, so we don't see them as often as we'd like, but I've learned from my relationships with my cousins that distance doesn't matter.
Here are some pictures of the cousins from our impromptu get-together last night.
The three boys: Will, Sam, and Jack (Will was sad that the presents were for his brother and not him!)
Sam wanted to help his cousin open his birthday presents!
Having a cupcake...and making a mess!
Rub-a-dub-dub, Three boys in a tub!
These are the days to remember!











This is true...my cousins were my first friends and we are still super close!
ReplyDeleteSo glad S has two sweet cousins. I'm sure they'll have lots of fun and get into loads of trouble in a few short years! ha!!
ReplyDelete