Sunday, March 18, 2012

Green with Envy!

We hope you all had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!


Our day was very low-key, but that's exactly what we needed.  Kurt's been in Vegas all weekend, so it was just Sam and I at home.  We started out with swim lessons in the morning.  Since Kurt's away, I had to get in the pool with Sam.  This was my first time and WOW!  He's a mover in the water!  There were several times that I thought for sure that I was going to drop him because he's so wiggly.


After swimming, we came home, had lunch, and then Sam took a three-hour nap.  I admit that I actually took a nap, too.  Apparently I needed it because I was out!  


After naptime, we went to a really nice playground nearby.  It was packed, so we only stayed for about 20 minutes.  Sam got some swinging and rides down the slide in.  


Then, we went to the mall for a while.  Gymboree is having a good sale now, plus I had an additional 20% off coupon, so I stocked up on some summer clothes for Sam.  I don't know if you can see on his shirt in the pictures above, but it has Kermit the frog on it and says, "It's Easy being Green!"  We walked through Build-A-Bear and saw they had an adorable Kermit puppet.  I decided Sam needed it as a St. Patrick's Day present and he loves! He loves puppets!  After some Chick-fil-a for dinner, we headed home for a bath.

Gone are the days of all-day drinking and partying (who am I kidding...those were gone a long time ago!) on St. Patrick's Day!  Oh well, we had fun anyways!

1 comment:

  1. Gone are my days of strolling through the mall with one. Ahhhh, now those were the days. ;) ha!
    Sounds like a perfect st. Pattys day to me!!

    ReplyDelete