Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 22: Favorite city

Day 22:  Favorite city


This one is a toughie for me.  I have a few cities that I really love.  Some of my top cities are:


New York City
I took my first trip to New York City on my 13th birthday.  My mom, sister, and I went on a bus trip sponsored by the school where my mom taught to see The Secret Garden.  It's only a 3 1/2 hour bus ride, 2 hour train ride, or 45 minute flight away!  I've been back to NYC many times since then, but Christmas is my favorite time to visit the city.

Chicago
I've been to Chicago several times, as well.  It's such a fun city, with great shopping and food!  My family has taken a vacation there, Kurt and I have visited there, and I went with some of my college friends for our friend Laura's wedding shower at her aunt's house in the suburbs of Chicago.  I have a couple cousins who live in Chicago, too.

Key West
I've visited Key West three times.  The first time was a Spring Break trip in college.  It was literally two weeks before my 21st birthday, so that kinda stunk!  The second time was a trip with my high school friends.  The third time was a trip with some college friends.  We always have a great (usually drunken) time!

Las Vegas
I've only been to Vegas once, but Kurt has been several times for work and pleasure.  My high school friends and I went to Vegas about a year and a half ago for the Britney Spears concert.  We had a blast!  My parents actually just booked a trip there for January.  It was my dad's retirement present from us all!

San Diego
I've only been to San Diego once, but fell in love!  Kurt's dad's naval ship was commissioned in Coronado one year ago last weekend.  I took two days off of school, and we hit the west cost.  We had such a great time!

1 comment:

  1. I went to LV last October for my 21st birthday and I cannot wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete