Abby over at Snyder Stories is hosting her Teacher Talk Thursday again! This week's theme is management.
I have three books that I highly recommend when it comes to the topic of classroom management. The first is Fred Jones' Tools for Teaching. Several years ago, our school was given some funding to support book discussion groups and Tools for Teaching was one of the books we discussed. Jones covers a variety of topics, from room arrangement to behavior management to setting rules and expectations for your classroom. The book has a lot of text features, so it's an easy read.
The Morning Meeting Book is a book that was recommended to me this year, as I made the transition from 3rd grade to kindergarten. I had never done the Morning Meeting thing in my previous eight years, so I really had very few ideas about what the characteristics of a Morning Meeting were. I never knew how important a Morning Meeting was in order to set classroom climate and expectations for the day. This book is another easy read.
The final book was given to me at my New Teacher Orientation, nearly nine years ago, and I still read it at the beginning of each school year. The First Days of School is another easy read that helps me to get into the new school year frame of mind.
Be sure to check out Abby's giveaway!












Love the first and last book. Maybe one day I will get to try K and use the middle one!! Thanks for playing Kate!
ReplyDeleteThe First Days of School was given to me my first year, 8 years ago. One of THE best books for beginning teachers or those who feel a need to refresh their management.
ReplyDelete-Gwen
fantasticinfirst.blogspot.com
I've bought the First Day's of School for 2 of my 3 interns. (Sarah's mom wanted to get it for her!) Can I borrow the morning meeting book?
ReplyDelete