Wednesday, February 15, 2012

This guy...


turned 9 months old on Monday!  

I seriously cannot believe that my baby boy is 3/4 of a year old!  Nine months seemed to be a really long time when I was pregnant, but once he was born, it has seemed to fly by!

Sam and I went to the pediatrician today for his 9 month "well" visit.  I put the "well" in quotes because the poor guy isn't really well right now. I took him to Urgent Care on Monday night with a suspected case of pink eye.  My suspicions were correct, so they started him on a prescription antibiotic ointment.  Try putting an ointment in a nine month old's eye...good times!  The doctor there also mentioned that his ear looked red.  Since he had an appointment with the pediatrician already scheduled, they didn't give him any medicine at that point.



So, that leads us to today.  Let me just say how much I really love our pediatrician!  She is fantastic!  She  makes us feel good about our parenting and about how well Sam is growing and developing.  Sam's stats at 9 months are:

Weight- 19 lb. 9 oz. (50th percentile)
Height- 29.25 inches (75th percentile)
Head- 18 inches (50th percentile)

The doctor said he really can eat anything we eat now, except for things with honey or nuts.  She said it's really normal for babies at this age to stop being interested in being fed pureed food and only be interested in table food, which we're starting to see with Sam.  She's happy that he willingly takes water in a sippy cup and said to keep him using the bottle for formula until he switches to whole milk at age one.  Dr. K calls Sam, "The Little Mayor" since he talks to, waves, and smiles at everyone he sees in the office.  I find that to be hilarious!



Poor baby boy does have another ear infection (his second in the past month), though, and a terrible diaper rash.  She prescribed a new antibiotic so hopefully we will get this thing taken care of once and for all.  Dr. K also mentioned that we need to keep a close eye on his ears since he seems to be prone to them.  Hopefully it's not a drainage issue because that could mean tubes down the road!  Ugh!


These monthly photos are becoming more and more difficult to take each month!  Sam boy does not want to sit still.  And that's okay...he always keeps us on our toes!

HAPPY NINE MONTHS, DOODLES!  WE LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment