Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just my luck!

My Grandma Dot always had the best luck.  Whether she was playing bingo, scratch-off lottery, or slots at a casino, she was always winning.  I took her to Atlantic City one year when I was on break from college.  That trip, which actually ended up being one of her last before she passed away, was a great bonding experience for us.  She complained about my driving.  I nearly sweat to death as I slept in an 85 degree hotel room (she was always cold!).  I almost killed us both by driving down a one-way street...I was just following her directions!  I will always remember, though, when Grandma Dot hit a big jackpot on that trip.  Now, ten years later, I don't remember how much she won, but I remember how excited I was for her and how excited she was for herself!

I take after Grandma Dot in many ways.  My mom and dad always say, though, that I have her luck.  I've won my share of things- baskets in Basket Bingo, small jackpots on casinos, concert tickets on the radio.  That trend continued today when I called into the morning show on my local radio station.  Caller 99 would win a Wii and Wii Fit!  Now, I already have a Wii and Wii Fit, but I had to try!  First try...busy.  Second try...busy.  Third try...it's ringing, it's ringing, someone picked up!  The producer talked to me for a little bit.  He was worried I wasn't old enough to win the contest!  Ha!  Then, before I knew it, I was on the radio with the morning show!  I invited the girl on the show to come over to my house to play Wii and quite honestly, I have no idea what else I said...I was too nervous!

At any rate, my good luck continues...and I will soon be picking up this...



And this...




What luck I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment