Tonight, the night before the first day back, (and every night before going back after a break, really!) I'm sitting here dreading going back to school. It's not that I dread going back to work and being with my students, it's that I dread not being able to get up when I want to, run errands whenever I want, do whatever I want with my time. I could go on, but I know, I need to get over it. Many people had to go back to work the Monday after Christmas, or even the day after Christmas.
I truly had a great Winter Break! Kurt and I got to see many family members and friends. We spent quality family time with Macey. Over the past two weeks, we've:
- Hosted close to 50 teachers and their spouses/significant others for our school holiday party
- Shoveled 22 inches of snow from our sidewalk and driveway (and Kurt also did our neighbor's!)
- Played in the snow with the snow-loving Macey pup
- Braved the snow-covered roads and the mall to finish our Christmas shopping
- Had dinner at Outback with Jenni and Blake (where I utterly embarassed Kurt by having them sing Happy Birthday to him)
- Had our 2nd annual Christmas Eve breakfast at the Original Pancake House (blooming B-shaw family tradition!)
- Celebrated Christmas Eve with my family
- Celebrated Christmas and Kurt's b-day with his family
- Hosted some of our college friends for a holiday party
- Watched the Ravens game with an old friend and had dinner with my mom
- Tried on bridesmaid dresses
- Went to dinner and visited with my high school friends
- Had a massage and facial
- Had lunch with my mother-in-law, grandmother-in-law, and aunt-in-law
- Tried on different bridesmaid dresses...and found the ones we are getting!
- Had dinner and played games with some of my high school friends again
- Visited Kurt's brother's family in C-ville
- Spent NYE in C-ville with some college friends
- Went tubing with Kurt's brother's family (nephews Jack and Will)
- Attended a holiday dinner with my high school friends
- Attended a going-away party for my college roomate who is moving to NYC
Phew! No wonder I don't want to go back to school! I need a break from the break!
At any rate, all good things must come to an end and I most definitely spend my time more wisely when I am working and in a routine. So, back to school I go!








You also embarrassed Jenni at Outback when you had the Outback staff sing to Kurt! :)
ReplyDelete