Friday, October 15, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge- Day 4

Day 4- Your parents

What can I say?  I have the greatest parents!  


My mom and dad, Janet and Dave, are seriously the nicest, most selfless people you will ever meet.  They are both so giving and caring, and will do anything for us kids, and most other people.  I'm getting emotional as I type this, because I know that when I was younger, I took for granted what great parents I have.  I was kind of bratty during my early teenage years, and I often regret the things I said to my parents.  I hope that I've made up for those bratty years, by being such a great daughter later in my life!!


My parents have been married for 34 years.  They are such good role models for Kurt and me, as a young married couple.  I have never seen my parents fight, though I remember them having "disagreements" when we were younger.  They truly enjoy each other and spending time together.  This has been more evident to me in the past few months, since my dad has been retired, than ever before.  As empty-nesters, they are always on the go, whether it's going to a nearby Amish country for the day, hitting up the slots in West Virginia, visiting family out of town, going out to dinner with their friends, or something as simple as going to my dad's favorite, Rita's, for some italian ice dessert!  They do a lot of things together and seem to always have fun doing it!


Amy, Brian, and I are so lucky to have such wonderful parents and I know that Kurt really loves and respects them as his in-laws, too.  


Love you, Mom and Dad!!


(I'm having photo-uploading issues today, so I'll repost this later with some pics!)

No comments:

Post a Comment