Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 19: Something you miss...

I had a hard time coming up with some ideas for this topic off the top of my head, but once I started thinking, I realized there are kind of a lot of things I miss.


I miss...


- Christmas as a kid.  There was nothing more exciting than putting out cookies and milk for Santa and being so excited to come downstairs in the morning to see that he had really been there!


- my mom's home-cooked dinners.  Back when I was living at home, I don't think I appreciated her good cooking!


- my Grandma Dot.  She passed away five years ago this December.  I have a lot of good memories of times with my Grandma.  I've been doing a lot of praying to her lately.


- being part of a sports team.  I played field hockey in high school and our team was such a close group of girls.  We had so much fun together!


And now I'm tearing up!  I guess it's always fun to remember the good times, but I really love living in the present!


Hop on over to Katie's blog to check out more!

3 comments:

  1. I'm 26 and still get excited about Christmas morning. There is just something about the season that makes it so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get excited over Christmas morning as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my grandmother too. It's so hard. I also miss Christmas as a kid, but I still enjoy Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete