I ended up taking the day off today and boy, was it nice! I had my monthly doctor's appointment this morning, complete with glucose testing. Good times. Kurt went along, as I was nervous about driving myself after drinking the juice, as I've heard of people throwing up or getting dizzy from the sugar high. This isn't my actual bottle of glucola, as mine was fruit punch flavored. I think I would have preferred the orange flavor, as I'm not a big fruit punch gal.
Throughout the whole appointment, I knew that my bloodwork was coming, so I was somewhat anxious. As a result, I believe, my blood pressure was super high. The nurse asked me if I was rushing this morning, so I knew something was wrong. Every time I have to have blood drawn, my blood pressure goes up. She really freaked me out when she said she wasn't going to write it down because if the doctor saw it, he would probably send me to the hospital. She ended up trying it again after she took my blood and it was much more normal. Thank goodness! All in all, the appointment went very well. The doctor said things look really good. I start going in every two weeks now, and at our next appointment, we get a sonogram, which was a surprise!
After the appointment, Kurt dropped me off at home and headed into work. I started feeling super exhausted, so I took a two-hour nap. I think a not-so-good sleep last night (hello hip and lower back pain, as well as going to the bathroom every two hours!) combined with my coming off of the sugar high caused by the glucola, caused me to just crash. I was out!
Once I woke up, I decided to run some errands. I went to Corner Bakery for lunch, then headed to Target and Kohls. I just love having a day off in the middle of the week! We have our second (and final) infant care class tonight, so we are getting ready to head to that.
I haven't taken many stomach pics lately, but I feel like it's growing by the day! Here are two from about two weeks ago!
Have a great rest of the week!










You look great! Did you pass the glucose test? I had the orange and it was just bearable LOL So glad it's over!
ReplyDeleteYou're too cute! I'm glad your tests went well!
ReplyDeleteYOU LOOK AMAZING!! :)
ReplyDeleteNo worries, I had to orange and it was no better. You did not miss out.