Apparently, there should be some news flash that being pregnant and teaching Family Life (aka sex ed) to fifth graders, don't mix!
When I taught fifth grade, I wasn't "allowed" to teach Family Life (oh, darn!) because it was my first two years of teaching and I wasn't tenured. I had no issue with that, and just sat in the back of the room and giggled quietly to myself when the kids would ask some off the wall questions ("Can you get pregnant from kissing?").
Now, seven years later, even though I am no where near the fifth grade hallway, the fifth graders know me, as I taught them when they were third graders. I would see them when I would walk my students to lunch and to their specials. Other than that, I didn't really have much interaction with them.
Flash forward to our school's Spring Fair this past Saturday. Kurt and I stopped by to make an appearance. While walking around, I saw the mother of one of my former students, who is now a current fifth grader. We began chatting and she brought up that Family Life instruction started the week before. Her daughter came home after learning about the "boy parts" and announced to her mom, "I cannot look at Mrs. Bradshaw any more! I know all about what happened and how she got that way." Meaning pregnant. I about died laughing!
Can you imagine if I had still been teaching fifth grade? Those rumors would have been swirling about how Mrs. Bradshaw "got that way!" From the mouths of babes!
Park City Utah
4 years ago








Bahahahahahahhaah! I have had the worst day and this my friend just made me laugh right out loud....what kiddos will say that is so funny and hmmmm wonder how you got that way? bahahhahahahahahhha
ReplyDeletelove ya
Sums
ohmiword! That made me laugh out loud!!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my word...this is hilarious!
ReplyDelete