It's been one of those days. I cannot believe that it's only Tuesday. Probably because the last two days felt like they've gone on forever. Here are some thoughts from the past two days at school:
- "No Special" days stink! Fellow teachers know what I'm talking about! They are the longest.days.ever.
- Children should be able to write their names when they come to kindergarten. Whenever anyone asks me what they can do to prepare their child for school, that will be my top suggestion from now on. I also think they should know how to use scissors, but that's another story.
- When something happens at recess, I only know about it based on what the adults on duty tell me. I am not out there. (This stems from a parent e-mail that really got to me today...can you tell?!)
- I never realized how many shoes I would have to tie in a day. One of the first things I am going to have a parent volunteer do, is work with small groups on how to tie a shoe.
- Twinkle Toes by Sketchers? Cute for little ones, but not for adults. Also, I think they wear out quickly. I have one student who has only one shoe that lights up all day. Perhaps that's a good thing...only half as annoying!
- I do more work at home teaching kindergarten than I ever did teaching third grade. Yes, I'm not grading papers (and I am so grateful!), but I am preparing things for centers and lessons.
I think that's all for tonight! Here's hoping Wednesday through Friday go quicker than the first two days this week!
Park City Utah
4 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment