Saturday, September 18, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Living Rooms!

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting her Show Us Your Life house tour again.  I didn't have my own blog the last time she did this, so I'm excited to participate this time.


Our house is a split level, so each level is really only half the length of our house.  The living room and dining room are connected, and the living room has a sliding glass door that goes out to our screened-in porch and backyard. What I love about this level of our house is the light.  There are huge windows that let in so much light.  We rarely use lights in here during the day.  Without further ado, here is our living room:

A little friend decided to sneak into the picture!

From the top of the stairs

I love the red color of this accent wall.  The previous owners painted it, and we've kept it just how it is.  These pictures and sconces were the first new things I bought when we moved into our house 2 1/2 years ago.

Loveseat and side table

This bookshelf actually belongs to my sister, but we're housing it for her since her current apartment doesn't have enough space for it.  It's from the furniture store where my mom works, so I think when Amy wants it back, we'll have to get our own!  We just moved a t.v. out of this corner, so we moved the bookshelf down from our spare bedroom.  I really love it in this room!

Wicker chest and coat tree

Going down the stairs to the kitchen and family room level

I love this painting!  My friend Jody and her mom made it for us for our wedding.  It's the view of the river where we went to college.  They used paint, sand, sandpaper, and other materials to make it.  I love that it represents where we met and that it's a unique piece of art!

So, there it is...our living room!  
Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the color of your walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog was in my living room pictures too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the color on your wall. What Red is that? Do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That accent wall in your living room is stunning! I love your big window, too! Beautifully decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that accent wall! My neighbor whom just moved in down the street painted an accent wall in that color and it looks fabulous love it!! I love your little friend sneaking in the picture!! Your living room is so pretty and warm and inviting!! Love it xoxo
    Summer;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the colors of your walls - they are so warm - and what a neat wedding gift - of something that you will cherish forever!

    ReplyDelete