I'm the oldest of my parents' three children, and I think most would say I'm the typical oldest child. My sister, Amy, who is 17 months younger than me, is probably the typical middle child, and Brian, my brother who is 25 (and single, ladies!), is the typical youngest. My parents have a blonde, a brunette, and a red head, and quite honestly, we really don't look that much alike. My sister and I probably look the most different, and my brother and I probably look the most alike. I think Brian looks a little like Amy, too, so he probably connects all three of us!
Amy and her "daughter" Penny
Growing up with a sister so close in age was great when I was younger. We were best friends as little ones. We always had a buddy to play with, and we had a lot of the same interests. We're only one year apart in school, so we had several friends in common, too. As we got older, probably around middle school and early high school, we began to grow apart. Our interests changed, our friends changed, we changed. I remember my parents used to say that they prayed that we would become close again when we got older, because it made them so upset to see how much we disliked each other during those years. I'm happy to report that even though we don't talk everyday or see each other all the time, my sister and I have become much closer again. I'm proud of who my sister has become. She is very smart and independent. She's always been the type to follow her passions, which was evident when she enrolled in grad school to become a librarian, leaving her full-time job behind to pursue her dream. Amy's not scared to veer from the norm. When she shaved her head during her freshman year of college, as part of a dare, she was quite fine walking around bald, or with super short hair. I was mortified! Amy is a fantastic writer and a wonderful mama to her beagle, Penny!
Terrible picture quality, but I'm still having photo uploading issues!









That brother looks like a keeper! I know there is an amazing woman out there somewhere for him! Your sister sounds pretty gosh darn wonderful too!
ReplyDelete