Monday, January 24, 2011

Babymoon Booked!

I'm so excited that Kurt and I booked our babymoon, our last trip away before Baby Bradshaw makes his appearance and the sleepless nights commence!  After much debating, we've decided to go to New York City.  I really wanted to go somewhere warm, but we only have three days to get away and the flights make the trip so much more expensive.  
We'll be heading to the Big Apple in February by way of bus.  The bus will pick us up about ten minutes away from our house and will drop us off at Penn Station in NYC.  We booked the first class bus for the way up, which includes free Wifi and extra leg room, and will be taking the regular bus home.  We got a good rate at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square, so it will be awesome to be staying right in the middle of things.


So far on our list of things to do include seeing Green Day's American Idiot on Broadway.  Kurt has never seen a show on Broadway, so that will be very exciting.  Neither of us are huge Green Day fans, but it will be cool to be familiar with many of the songs in the show.  Plus, Billie Joe Armstrong, lead singer of Green Day, will be starring in the show when we are there.  


We also want to go to John's Pizzeria for their famous pizza and Serendipity 3 for dessert.  I can sense a "food" theme happening for this trip!  Why not?!  Kurt also says he has some other things in the works.



Kurt and I have both been to NYC many times before, but it will be nice to be running on our own time, doing whatever we want to do.  I'm really looking forward to this getaway!

1 comment: