How Far Along: 23 weeks...time is flying!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Will find out at my appointment next week. I'm sure there has been some gain this month, though!
Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants and a couple maternity shirts.
Gender: A bouncing, not-yet-named baby boy!
Movement: All the time, especially when I sit down or as I'm trying to go to bed. Kurt felt him really kick this morning and screeched! It's getting real!
Sleep: It's getting more difficult. I wake up usually three or four times a night to go to the bathroom. One night last week, I woke up either six or seven times, I lost count. I hate sleeping on my side, so I think I toss and turn a lot.
What I miss: Not much
Cravings: Chocolate, but I always crave that!
Symptoms: Heartburn and acid reflux. I woke up last night with terrible acid reflux. Tums have become my nightly snack. I never had this issue before I was pregnant, so it's very weird to me.
Best Moment this week: We're starting to clean out the room that will be the nursery. Kurt laid flooring in our attic yesterday and today, so that has become our big storage area. My dad is coming down at the end of the month to paint for us. We're thinking of painting the room a little beige/tan and then just doing navy curtains and other colorful accents. Also, my parents are getting us a glider rocker and ottoman, so I stopped at my mom's furniture store on Saturday to pick out the finish and fabric. It should be really nice!
Cute story: One of my students said to me the other day, "Mrs. Bradshaw, I know your baby is growing because I saw that when you were standing up there, your tummy is getting big." Out of the mouths of babes!








Looking good! It does fly by doesn't it:) And, as a teacher myself, I totally understand the pregnancy related kid comments. I was teaching kindergarten when I was pregnant and my did I get some interesting remarks/questions! I'm 15 weeks now with baby #2 and wondering when the kids are going to notice!
ReplyDelete