Each summer, I set goals for home improvement projects that I want to complete during my time off. Last summer, it was the guest bedroom and bathroom. I painted and decorated both the bedroom and bathroom, and got new bedding and curtains for the bedroom. We recently got a white chest of drawers and night stand for the guest bedroom, too, so I feel like that room is mostly done.
This summer, my goals have been the basement, entryway/kitchen, and our bedroom. The basement is still a work in progress. The contractors finished their work about a month ago, but we're still working on the decorating and making it exactly how we want it. The entryway and kitchen don't require much work, just a coat or two of new paint. I got this color:
Diverse Beige
by Sherwin Williams
for those two rooms. The image doesn't show the color very well, but I think of it as a light chocolate milk color. The moulding, doors, and ceilings will be white. I think it will look really nice with our brown/black speckled countertops and stainless steel appliances.
Now, for our bedroom we I (who are we kidding here?!) wanted something different. Our room isn't very big and it's kind of dark. I love our bedroom furniture, which we got from the furniture store where my mom works:
Chest of drawers for Kurt's stuff
Dresser for my stuff (no mirror, though)
Night stand for each of us
but it is big! It takes up a lot of our bedroom.
With all of this in mind, I knew I wanted a new comforter in a lighter color and to paint the walls a brighter color, as well. So, this is what I have chosen...
It's not really our typical style choice, but I like it! I plan on getting white curtains to brighten up the room and to paint most of the room this color:
Glimmer
by Sherwin Williams
with one wall in this color, as an accent color:
Tidewater
by Sherwin Williams
Again, the moulding, doors, and ceiling will be white.
My dad is coming down next week to help me with all of the painting. I'll be sure to post pictures once it's all done! I want it to be finished already!















Great choices you will def have to put up some after photos! I love looking through magazines and cutting out what I would love to do some day or just watching HGTV all the time...
ReplyDelete