Monday, April 25, 2011

37 weeks!

Can't believe that the little guy could be here any day now!  


(Here's a pic from week 35)

How far along?  37 weeks and a few days

Baby size:  At my last sonogram, which was at 36 weeks, they estimated his weight to be about 6 1/2 pounds.  We have a big guy on our hands!  His head is still measuring 2 weeks ahead, which should be really fun during delivery!

Total weight gain/loss: +18 pounds

Maternity clothes?  All maternity bottoms, except for workout or lounge pants.  I wear a combination of maternity and non-maternity shirts.

Sleep:  Sleep has been pretty good this week, since I've had off for Spring Break and could get up whenever I wanted.  I wake up about every 2 hours to go to the bathroom.

Best moment this week:  Getting the baby's room completely cleaned and organized.  I'll post some pictures later this week.  Also, I had my first internal exam this week and my doctor informed me that I've made no progress.  He said we have a few weeks left, probably.  

Movement:  He still moves a lot, but I feel like it's starting to slow down somewhat.  I hear that happens towards the end when they run out of room.  

Food cravings:  Nothing in particular.  As we were driving home from Kurt's grandparents' house for Easter, I saw a lady and her kids eating ice cream cones from McDonald's.  They looked so good, that I made Kurt stop to get me one!

What I miss:  Being able to take a deep breath.

What I am looking forward to:  Meeting our little guy!

Pregnancy Symptoms:  I've been really tired this week, so it's been nice being off school.  I can take little rests throughout the day, which I've really needed.  My gestational diabetes is doing fine, and my blood pressure continues to be high when I first go to my appointments.  It's usually lower when they check it a second time and all of my blood work has come back normal, so the doctor's aren't too concerned.  I've had some lower back pain the past few days, so I'm wondering if that means he's moving lower.  

Stretch Marks:  All of a sudden this week, I've noticed a few around my belly button.  I went for so long without any!  Sad...  I've been using the Palmer's stretch mark lotion throughout my entire pregnancy, and this week I started using Bio Oil, too.

Belly button:  It's pretty much flat right now, not cute! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweet friend,
    I am so sorry I haven't commented in forever with this sick stuff I have been having a hard time commenting....I love your new blog look and can I say you are glowing and look uber cute preggers like really it suits you like alot! I cant wait to see your little dude in pics and um well that is gonna be fun during delivery one word for your girl EPIDURAL LOL

    love ya
    Sums

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek so close! How exciting! The good news with the being able to breathe again thing is - it's coming soon! They told us in birthing class last week that when the baby "drops" a lot of the pressure is removed from your lungs and one day you will just see how much easier it is to breathe! (Phew!)

    ReplyDelete