Monday, April 18, 2011

It figures...

It figures that on my first official day of Spring Break, I would wake up under the weather.  

I woke up at about 5:00 AM with terrible stomach pains.  At 36 weeks pregnant, my first thought was LABOR!  After vomiting for the next two hours, we soon realized that it was a stomach virus of some sort.  I haven't felt that terrible in a long time!  Kurt called my OB's office to see if there was anything I should take or do, and the doctor just said there is a virus going around and you have to let it run its course.  She also said I needed to try to get some fluids in me, or I'd need to head to the hospital to get some fluids.  Not how I wanted to spend the first day of Spring Break, so I started eating some ice chips. 

Finally at about 8:00, I was able to fall back to sleep for a few hours.  Once I woke up, I started feeling a bit better, but I think it took a lot out of me.  I just kinda laid around all day.  Kurt brought me some chicken soup from Panera for dinner,  which hit the spot.  Here's to being on the mend and being able to enjoy the rest of Spring Break!




2 comments:

  1. So sorry you are sick! I have been wondering about you. I hope you do a whole lot of nothing over your Spring Break and get some rest!!

    ReplyDelete