My mom and sister hosted a baby shower for me on April 9th. It was a bittersweet day because we got the call early that morning that my grandmother had passed away. Her health had been rapidly declining for the three weeks prior, so we knew it was coming. We decided to go ahead and have the shower because there really wasn't anything we could do on Saturday during the day and we had a lot of family and friends coming into town for it. My two aunts in Ohio were making all of the arrangements, so we were waiting to hear from them about the plans. We ended up heading to Ohio for the funeral services very early on Monday morning and came back on Wednesday. I think my cousin put it best when she quoted the band Semisonic, "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." Yes, my grandma's life came to an end, but we were now celebrating the beginning of a new life, her 14th great-grandchild.
My mom came up with the theme, "Cute as a Button," and she created a lot of really cute special touches around the theme. Here are some pictures from the day. Please excuse my puffy eyes; I spent most of the morning crying.
Our little family before the shower started
Some of my HS girls...Kim, Caitlin, and Katey
The dessert table
Part of the food table
My Aunt Jane (my mom's twin), my friend's mom, and my mom
The baby momma
Some of my cousins and my aunt
Cute frog hat from my friend
Cute little outfit from my MIL...I'm actually considering having him wear this for his christening
My sister and I both have an "open mouth" problem!
My friend, Caitlin, and her mom...we've known each other for over 30 years!
The high school girls in attendance
After the shower, my sister had a little photo shoot with the balloons!
It was a very nice day! Baby Bradshaw, Kurt, and I are so blessed to have so many special people in our lives!








What an adorable shower! Love that frog hat!
ReplyDeleteSOrry about your grandmother sweet girl! I am glad you were still able to enjoy your shower! That froggy hat is so adorable and I love that Jon Jon you should totally get him christened in it!! yOU LOOK AMAZING GIRL AND THAT FOOD TABLE LOOKS YUMMY i KEEP EYE BALLING THE FRUIT BOWL BAHAHAHHAHA!! i CAN'T BELIEVE bABY b IS ALMOST HERE WOWSERS....XOXO sUMMER
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your Grandmother. You and your family are in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI love the frog hat! Too adorable! You look great and I can't believe he's almost here!