Saturday, February 20, 2010

Girls Night Out!

Last night, some friends and I had our official first Girls Night Out!  I say official because, of course we get together for different celebrations and gatherings, but this is the first of our planned monthly Girls Night Outs.  We've decided that we'll plan something each month, and whoever can come, will come and whoever can't, will just miss that month.  It's a good excuse to get together with just the girls!  Of the six of us who attended last night, four of us went to high school together (can't believe I've known these girls for more than 15 years!), one is the cousin of a friend/sister of one of our guy friends, and one is a former roomate of two of the girls, so we have a nice mix of people!

Our first GNO (yeah, kinda a weird acronym...when the first e-mail about this came around, "GNO" was in the subject line, and I, not carefully reading, thought, "Why the heck is Kim writing me an e-mail about the GYNO?"  Haha!) was held at my friend Kim's cute house in the city.  She made a delicious dinner of spicy savory shrimp and rice, along with a salad and bread.  We had Rice Krispie treats for dessert, of which I enjoyed two. I had given up dessert for Lent, but have now changed to what some of my friends are doing which is giving up desserts that start with the letter "C." Gives a little freedom to enjoy the good things in life!It was nice to just eat, drink some wine, and chit chat. 

Later on, we walked to a nearby bar for some drinks and dancing.  We had our drinks of choice for the night, Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka and Lemonade, and danced to some Britney!  We had some fun discussing the fact that it was the middle of February and some of the girls at the bar clearly thought it was July with their dresses and heels.  Jeans and black boots were the outfits of choice for us.  We still looked cute...covered up, but cute!

I'm looking forward to the next GNO (not on a Friday night next time!)!!  Here are some pics of the attendees of our February GNO:

Kim (the hostess) and me

Jen and Kim


Erin and Rachel


Britney Spears, I mean, my friend Kim!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I heart Girls Nights Out! Sounds like alot of fun! Glad ya'll had fun with drinks of choice and dancing! LOL at the text story! That is totally something I would think! My friends text me all the time and I'm like what? My hubby usually has to read it for me LOL....

    Hope you have a good rest of the weekend
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete