This week, Kelly's "Show Us Your Life" is featuring Valentine's Day ideas. I'm not a huge Valentine's Day person, but I do like to celebrate it! At my school, we have class parties for Valentine's Day and Halloween, so I always have some sort of celebrating to do! Cupcakes, chocolate, cute crafts...what's not to love about Valentine's Day in an elementary school?!
Kurt and I usually give each other small gifts for Valentine's Day. This year, I gave him his gifts early, since we've been snowed in...The Hangover DVD and a video game. I figured it would be fun to have those things to keep us occupied during our snow days. I am also planning another surprise for him...a homemade surprise! Kurt LOVES, LOVES, LOVES the Jack Daniels sauce from TGI Fridays. He's been known to ask for extra sauce in take-home containers. I found a recipe for it online and plan to make some for him and bottle it. I found some cute bottles at the Container Store, so I'm excited to see how it turns out!
My absolute favorite place to go for Valentine's Day (and my birthday, and our anniversary, and...) is The Melting Pot.
I have never been disappointed with a meal I've had at The Melting Pot. The waiters and waitresses are always so friendly and really make it a dining experience. My favorites are the Fiesta Cheese fodue, California Salad, Mojo for the meats, and the Original Chocolate fondue. Kurt and I usually get the "Big Night Out" which is a great deal! Reservations for Valentine's Day book up way in advance, so we usually go a few days before or after the actual day.
(Borrowed this pic from online, but doesn't it just look so, so good?!)
If you haven't been to The Melting Pot before, it is an experience not to be missed!
Happy Valentine's Day!











Yay! I'm glad you joined in on the fun!! We just bought "The Hangover" on Blue Ray last week and I laughed til I cried! It is Ha-larious! My hubby is a big video gamer too! He is getting "The Beatles" Rock Band for V-Day shhh don't tell! LOL
ReplyDeleteThat is AWESOME that you are making his fav sauce! How super sweet :0)
I have always wanted to go to "The Melting Pot" but we don't have one in WV....
Sounds like fun to teach Elementary! I have a friend who does and she always gets the cutest Valentine's! Awwww just sooo cute :0)
Have a Happy V-Day and Happy Friday
Summer :0)