Even though I don't have children yet, I still wanted to participate. I've picked out what I would name my future children. My mom is a twin, so the joke is that I'll have twins...two girls...and Kurt will go crazy being the only man in the house!
So, my non-existent (future) twin girls will be named:
Ella Kate and Madison Elizabeth
I've really liked the names Ella and Madison for a while, even before they were as popular as they are now. Madison would totally go by Maddie, though. The middle names are after my first and middle names. I was named after my mom's aunt Kate and Elizabeth is my mom's twin's middle name and my great grandmother's first name. So, the tradition would carry on with my children. Chances are these names will change once I actually have children. That's just how I work!
Now, if these (future) children happen to be boys, they will probably be nameless for some time because there aren't really any boy names that I love. Some I like are:
Gavin
Andrew
Sam
Gavin
Andrew
Sam
Now, for the one very hairy, fur child that we've named, Macey, Kurt and I debated for a while. She was almost Ruby. I had my students vote between Ruby and Macey, and they chose Macey. We ultimately decided on Macey because when we would call her ("Come, ____, Come!"), it sounded better to say, "Come, Macey, Come!" than it did to say, "Come, Ruby, Come!" She's totally a Macey, too! Her middle name, Mae, was in memory of my my family's old dog, Ellie Mae Melissa (Melissa was the name they gave her at the Human Society, so we made that her second middle name!), who was named for my Grandma's old Bassett Hound, Ellie Mae. Kurt doesn't like that Macey's middle name is "Mae" because he thinks it sounds like "Macey Gray" and, as was recently evident on Dancing with the Stars, she's kinda out there! Oh well, I like it!
So, there you have it. The names for my possible future twin daughters and how we named our Miss Macey!








Loving those names! Both Ella and Elizabeth are on my list too!
ReplyDeleteLove the names Ella and Madison...super cute chicka!
ReplyDeletehave a great weekend
xoxo
Summer :0)
I love the name Ella! I told Joe that if our next child is another girl I want to name her Ella Claire. :)
ReplyDelete