This one was really tough for me! Kurt and I have been together for ten years, so a lot of our dates have kinda merged together. Is that bad?! In the beginning, when we were poor college students, a lot of our dates revolved around going out to dinner and just hanging out. After college, we continued doing dinner and movie dates (can you tell I like to go out to dinner?!), went on trips, and just spent a lot of our time together. Now, we like to do things...whether it's shopping, traveling, taking Macey on an adventure, going out to dinner (still!) or many other things, we are always busy!
One of my favorite dates was one summer day a few years ago when we took Kurt's parents' boat out and just hung out on the water all day. We've actually done this a few times and every time we do it, I think about how much I really enjoy relaxing on the boat and soaking up the sun. Once, we took a little sailboat out and had lunch on a sandbar. I much prefer the power boats, though! Sailboats make me too nervous! Power boats have their issues, too, though. That favorite date ended with us getting towed into the creek by a larger boat and Kurt ended up paddling and swimming up into the marina slip. My intelligent husband flooded the engine! I think he just wanted to show me how strong he was by swimming the boat in!
My second favorite date was just last year when we want to AT&T National golf tournament at a local country club. Kurt is really into golf, so he was super excited when his uncle gave him a free ticket to the tournament. He convinced me to go with him, and I was so happy I went! We had the best time following around the golfers and getting autographs from some no names. Tiger Woods and Anthony Kim were paired together, so we followed them for a few holes. It was such a great time and I was so glad that I was able to experience it with Kurt!
Apparently sporting events play a huge role in our relationship! I had trouble narrowing down my favorite dates...with our trip to Ravens Training Camp last summer as another top contender! We had such a fun time and I was so excited to get Joe Flacco's autograph on Kurt's jersey for him!
Our boy, Joe, just before he signed Kurt's jersey!
Ray Ray!
Can't wait for many, many more special dates with my favorite guy!












how sweet! such a funy story when your hubs flooded the engine! sounds like something mine would do!!
ReplyDeleteSporting events are a huge part of our life as well! We have season tickets to see the Carolina Panthers. My husband also has season tickets to Duke football and goes to the basketball games whenever he gets a chance!
ReplyDeletehaha I know what you mean about dates merging together! sailboats make me nervous too haha!
ReplyDelete