Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thurday Five!

It's Thursday Five over at Mannland5. Time to think of five things that have made me joyful, excited, grateful, appreciative, elated or just plain happy this week.

1.  This sign that I ordered off of Etsy:
I hung it on the wall as you first walk in our front door and love it there!  I've been looking for one of these for a long time and finally found it through Nestlings.

2.  Our basement renovation is nearing completion.  Just carpeting throughout and cabinet installation in the laundry room are left before we are finished!  We have a couch being delivered next week, so it will really seem all put together once that is in and we start decorating.

View from the stairs

Macey loves the new basement! 
(Please excuse the 1960s carpet.  That will be replaced by a lovely grey berber tomorrow!)

Laundry Room with new washer and dryer!

3.  Teacher Appreciation Night at Melting Pot with nine of my fellow teachers.  It was so nice to have a chance to catch up over a great meal!

4.  Getting together with my friends from high school at "Wine in the Woods" last Saturday.

Jen and I are enjoying our wine!

5.  Helping my friend's son, Brennan, celebrate his first birthday on Saturday.

And while we are at it...
6. That my mother-in-law is now recovering from pneumonia at home.  She went to the ER last Friday and stayed a few days.  She's now home...let's just hope she continues to take it east and get better!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad your mom-in-law is doing better. Will send a prayer her way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine in the Woods sounds great! I hope your MIL feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wine in the woods? Sounds interesting. I like the renovations. I'm envious of your new washer and dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute sign! THe Melting Pot..Wine in the woods..sounds lovely..

    I hope your MIL is up and at em in no time!

    I'm kinda digging the retro carpet..;-)

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete