For some reason, it is 6:00 AM, on a Friday, in the summer, and I am awake! What the heck is going on?! I've been up since 5:00. My in-laws and nephews are coming to visit for the weekend and will be arriving later this afternoon, so I think I'm just overwhelmed with everything I need to do before they get here. Kurt and I are watching our nephews, Jack and Will, overnight on Saturday night while their parents attend a wedding in Baltimore. Should be interesting! Hopefully I will be able to catch a nap at some point today, as I didn't go to bed until nearly midnight and this girl needs her eight hours, or Miss Cranky Pants makes an appearance.
Without further ado, five random questions:
1. If given a choice to skip work for a day, how would you spend the entire day?
Well, since I skip work every day during the summer, I'll just tell you about a typical day for me in the summer. I get up and make a hot breakfast for Kurt, which I serve him while he is still in bed. I iron his clothes for the day and pack his lunch. Haha...did I fool you?!
Seriously, though, since I am finishing up week one of summer break, my days have been a little like this: Wake up at 8:30 or so, go to the gym, run errands, clean/reorganize our house, take a t.v./computer break, hang out with Macey, etc. Once our house is back in order from our basement project, I hope to do some painting of our bedroom and our front entry-way. In my dream world, I'd spend the entire day shopping, but that's only in a dream world. I don't get paid during the summer, so Kurt has made it clear that I need to get my spending under control. Sitting on the beach would also be nice...only one more week until I will be doing just that! Woo!
2.If you could start fresh, what profession would you choose?
Hmmm. Good question. Sometimes I wish I owned my own business, like a bakery, but then I'd eat all of my profits. Nursing interests me, but I hate seeing people bleed and puke. I think working in public relations would be cool, too. A girl I went to high school with used to work for Rolling Stone, so it was always cool to see her pics with famous people on Facebook.
3.What is your favorite candy or candy bar?
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, hands down, but they have to be fresh. Nothing worse than an old Reese's.
4.Have your ever ordered anything from an infomercial or bought an"As seen on TV item"?
I haven't, but Kurt is "Infomercial King!" We have shamwows, a knife set, some ab workout thing, Strap Perfect, Perfect Brownie...I could go on.
Kurt + a few cocktails + late night t.v.= Us signing up for some new invention or gadget!
5. What's the movie you ALWAYS cry at?
I'm not really a crier when it comes to movies. I cry in real life, but not really at movies.
Have a fabulous Friday!










Hi just found your blog :) I serisouly, was so confused about why you would spend your day off ironing and cooking for your hubby.. haha, glad you were joking! And I love Reeses too - expecially in a DQ Blizzard :)
ReplyDeleteMy husband WISHES I didn't cry in movies!
ReplyDeleteAnd haha! You had me with your day off for a minute there...
I don't cry at movies either - probably because I avoid sad movies entirely!
ReplyDeletethis was fun to read about ya!!
ReplyDeletei love that your man orders stuff off of infomercials! haha!
i don't cry during movies either but songs make me sad...esp country songs. i'm an emotional cry baby often. it's pathetic at times ;) haha.
have a great weekend hun!!
I am loving all your answers and please let me tell you I started to hate you a little when I read the breakfast in bed thing and the ironing... you got me on that one!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for doing my Friday Fives, I hope you have a great weekend!