I didn't go anywhere special for the Spring Break of my senior year. Instead, I headed home and spent time with my family, and with Kurt, who had graduated the year before. My big accomplishment during that spring break was getting my first cell phone! I remember feeling so "with it!" By that time, a lot of my friends had gotten cell phones, so they were beginning to play an important role in communication.
I remember going to the Verizon Wireless store and picking out a slate blue phone. It was a flip phone and it treated me very well for a long time. Every couple of years, when my "New Every Two" was ready, I upgraded to a newer phone, leading me to my most recent phone, the EnV Touch. I've never had so many problems with a phone. It drops calls, shuts down randomly, and had iffy internet. It drove me crazy!
Kurt and I have been talking for a little while about making the switch from Verizon to AT&T. It just didn't seem doable, since our families both have Verizon. But, Kurt did a little research and found that in the long run, it will save us a lot of money if we switch. So, that is what we did! Kurt has gone down to one cell phone (HALLELUJAH!! Can you tell I wasn't a fan of his 2-phone lifestyle?!), which his work is paying for, and I made the big move and got one of these puppies:
I'm really enjoying playing some of the game apps I've purchased (Bejeweled, Oregon Trail, Whirly Word), tracking my sleep with with Sleep Cycle app, and having my e-mail and Facebook easily accessible. I've only dropped one call so far (and of course, it was my mom who thinks we are crazy for switching!), so that's not as bad as I expected.
All in all, I'm loving my new iPhone! Any app recommendations out there?









i'm so jealous! i'm patiently waiting for the white one- but in the meantime - i am getting VERY anxious - as i continue to play on justin's for hours on end!
ReplyDelete