It's Thursday Five over at MannLand5, which means it's time to think of five things that have made me happy, thrilled, jubilant, elated, or ecstatic!
1. Teacher Appreciation Week- Our PTA has taken good care of us this week (with lots of food!). I've received several bouquets of flowers and one planter from my students. We had a yummy lunch on Tuesday and breakfast today, provided by the PTA. Tomorrow is "Note Day" where students are asked to write their teacher a note of appreciation.
2. Dinner with my family on Monday night. We went out to a local restaurant to celebrate my brother's 25th birthday. There was a lot of laughing, and probably a lot of stares from other restaurant patrons due to that laughing!
3. Kindergarten Orientation today and tomorrow. It was so fun to get to work with the (mostly) cute four and five-year olds who will be in kindergarten next year. Most were really excited to be at school. Others were not. And there were others that we'd wished hadn't come. I didn't say that, did I?!
4. The start of my 8K training program. I ran 3 miles on the track last night!
5. Going to look for new furniture for our almost finished basement. We're looking for a black leather couch. Any suggestions on where to look?
Tomorrow is Friday!! WOO!








Just stopping by for Thursday 5!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great week at school! And good luck with the 8K! That is awesome!
Yay for new furniture! I can't wait to come over and try it out!!
ReplyDelete