Today's Top Two Tuesday over at Taylor's blog is "Splurges."
I just had to ask Kurt what he would consider my splurges, because I couldn't really think of any off the top of my head. He rattled off four in no time!
Massage Envy!
I got suckered into the Massage Envy membership program. I went for my initial $49 visit and loved it so much! After listening to their whole schpeel (is that even really a word?) about the program, I decided to join. I don't always go every month, but it's so nice to know that I can go when I'm feeling stressed or overwhelmed. The visits build up over time, so I think I now have three waiting to be used. They also started doing facials, so a couple of times I've used two months visits and had a massage, then a facial. I really like the massages a lot better than the facials, though. Much more relaxing, and they don't tell me about the issues my skin is facing as I get older. That's just what a girl wants to hear, right? Changes in pigmentation and fine lines and wrinkles...they really know how to make a girl feel less stressed!
Fancy cupcakes!
About once a month or so, Kurt will stop and get me a cupcake at one of the many cupcake stores in our area. It's usually on a Friday after a long week. I recently became a "fan" of one of the stores on Facebook and each day, they tell the "Secret Cupcake of the Day." The first 100 visitors who ask for the "Secret Cupcake of the Day" by name, get it for free! My sister-in-law and I took advantage of this on Easter and got the best "Easter Bunny Cream" cupcakes. At nearly $3.00 per cupcake, these are definitely a special treat and surely a splurge! My favorite? Plain old yellow cake with vanilla frosting! I'm also a fan of the almond cake with vanilla frosting, though!
What are your splurges?











I love getting massages! My friends got their license so it works out well for trade offs on baby-sitting!
ReplyDeleteI love fancy cupcakes too! So much better than Duncan Hines..ha!
ReplyDeleteI've been dying for a decadent cupcake lately ... there's not cute little cupcakes shops where I'm from. At least that I know of, and that's okay, probably best I don't discover one!
ReplyDelete-Miss Mud at http://MyMississippiMudPie.blogspot.com
Hellloooo cupcakes!
ReplyDeleteOkay I so need to get a massage place membership! I didnt even know such a thing existed!
ReplyDeleteWow, a massage membership and cupcakes?! Does life get any better? I am hunting for both today. :)
ReplyDeleteAshley
www.smithjohnston.blogspot.com
A massage would be heaven right now!
ReplyDeleteI love almond cupcakes. Yummm....
ReplyDelete