Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Change

I've never been a fan of change.  Whether it was my family moving to a different town when I was 11, or when I headed off to college for the first time in 2002, I've always had a difficult time accepting change.  Once I get into a routine or learn to accept the change, I'm fine.  It just always takes me a little while.

So today when I went to get my hair highlighted, I had in my mind that I wanted to do something different with my hair.  I was ready for a change. I was thinking I wanted to get like 4 or 5 inches chopped off.  I have a ton of hair and it takes me forever to do anything with it in the morning.  It's kinda wavy, so I have to dry it and straighten it in order for it to look halfway decent.  The humidity of the summer just makes it even worse.  This all adds up to me wearing a ponytail for the majoirty of the summer. 

I walk into the salon and my stylist, Dana, (who is Kurt's cousin) starts looking at my hair and comments about how it looks so great long.  This is the fourth time I've had someone comment about my long hair in the past two days.  This is probably the longest my hair has been in like 20 years.  I'm not even kidding! 

Dana starts asking me about what I want to have done, and wouldn't you know it...everything I had thought I wanted just pushed back into my mouth and I said, "Oh, just a trim."  The complete opposite of what I thought I had wanted!  So, she does my highlights, and takes off maybe 1/2 inch at the ends.  That's it. 

I'm a creature of habit and apparently I just wasn't ready to make a change today.  I've worked too hard to grow my hair this long, so long it will stay...at least until I go back in a couple months.  Oh well!

Here is a pic of my freshly highlighted and just trimmed hair!  There is something about fresh highlights that make me feel so much better!

Please excuse the no makeup/t-shirt look!

And while we are on the topic of change, here is a pic of a cutie who is not going to like the change that is about to happen next week.  Macey has loved having company (ME!) at home each and every day this summer.  Her world is about to be rocked when I go back to school next week.  Poor girl!


Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Is that a DOODLE?? We have a Goldendoodle!! Cute hair, cute pup!

    ReplyDelete