Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Teacher Week: Must Haves

Day 2 of Teacher Week over at Abby's blog is "Must Haves."  Just like brown paper packages tied up with strings and whiskers on kitten from The Sound of Music, these are a few of my favorite things...

Teacher Week:  Must Haves

1.  Carson Dellosa decorations
My friend, Jenni and I were at the teacher supply store the other day and were talking about our "pickiness" when it comes to decorations.  I'm very picky about the borders and the decorations (like nametages, cubby labels, etc) I use in my classroom.  Carson Dellosa decorations are cute and they have a variety of different choices.

These are some of my favorites:




2.  Expo Dry Erase Markers
In my third grade classroom, I used dry erase markers all the time.  I buy a big multi-color pack each year and love the variety of colors.  I would right my plans on my dry erase board, alternating between two colors.  I don't think I will be using dry erase markers as much this year in kindergarten, but we'll have to see!


3.  Storage/Organizational Containers
I love all different types of storage containers!  I don't have a ton, but make good use of what I have.  I think having an organized classroom is key in helping my students become organized people. 


4.  Sharpies
What would I do without them?  I tend to go back to my good old black Sharpie, but have been known to venture out to some different colors!  Who knows, maybe this year I'll go all out and write nametags in blue!  Ha, who am I kidding?!  I'd never leave good old black behind!


5. Wintergreen flavored Lifesavers
Jenni has a small bucket of these suckers sitting by her classroom door, so whenever I stop by, I'm sure to grab one.  I'll need to be sure to do the same thing this year.


6.  Chocolate
Hershey's Miniatures are my go-to, but let's get real, it's always nice to have chocolate laying around.  I also like having little Peppermint Patties and Tootsie Roll minis around, also. 
(All images from Google Images)

9 comments:

  1. I loved that you included chocolate and mints on your list! Food is so important :)

    And I am right there with ya on pretty colored Expos! The more the more color I have, the happier I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Carson Dellosa has so many cool things. Best of luck for an awesome school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart Carson. Cutest stuff ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so helpful. IM going back to school for my teaching certification/Master in edu. I will need to know what to buy in about 16 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm Chocolate! You can't go wrong with that in your stash to get you through the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't make it without Chocolate and Diet Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great list. I love that I agree with them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocolate! Yes...you have to have that in your teacher's stash...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe I should be a teacher because I love these items too! Sharpies are my favorite and I carry one at all times because you never know when you may need one. I love those baskets...do you know where to get them. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete