First, tomorrow is my last day of summer vacation. I'm wiping my tears as I type (not really...but I am kinda sad!). How the heck did that happen? I mean, really, it seems like our last day of school (June 15th) was just a month ago. Our summer vacation to the Outer Banks and the Templeman wedding seem like they were just a couple weeks ago. We had a fun-filled summer, with many great events and happenings, and it truly flew by!
My cousins, Amanda and Kourtney, sister, Amy, and I in the OBX at sunset
Jenni and her bridesmaids
(Stole this one from her FB page...thanks!)
The second reminder of how fast time flies was just today. We helped Kurt's parents move his little sister, Kristen, into her college dorm. Kristen was just seven years old when Kurt and I first started dating. It's amazing to me that I've known her throughout almost all of elementary school, all of middle and high school, and now, college! In fact, Kristen was in fifth grade during my first year of teaching fifth grade. It also makes me feel old that my first students are now college freshmen, but that's for another post! But really, where did that time go?! It's been eleven years since I first met that little girl with long blondish-brown hair. I don't feel like I look that much differerent than I did back in 1999, but she sure does. She was just a kid, now she's a college gal! It was great to see Kristen so excited today! She's going to love college, I just know it!
Here's the college lady in her dorm!
And with her new roomies!
I guess the lesson that I've learned through all of this is to embrace each and every day. The days, weeks, months, and years go by too quickly. I don't want to let them slip away!









No comments:
Post a Comment