Monday, August 16, 2010

FREEDOM!!!!

Or the alternate title:  My Last Week of FREEDOM!!!

This is my last week of summer before heading back to school.  Next Monday begins our teacher work days, with school starting on Monday, August 30th.  Seriously...where does the time go?  It seems like the last day of school was just last week.  Summer used to last forever when I was young.  Now, it seems like it goes by in a flash.

I have a couple things planned for this, my last week of freedom, to make it last a little longer.

Tonight, a couple of my friends from college are coming over for dinner.  I'm going to grill kabobs and serve them with brown rice and a summery salad.  I haven't seen these girls since May, so it will be nice to get together.

Jenni and I are going to go be tourists in DC one day.  We're still deciding on which day would be best.  I'd like to go to the American History Museum, which was recently renovated.

Some of my teacher friends are doing Happy Hour tomorrow evening, so I hope to go to that.

On Wednesday, I'm getting my hair cut and highlighted and then going to dinner and to see Mary Poppins with Jenni at the Kennedy Center.  We gave the boys a pass on this one! Another coworker saw it in New York and said it was fabulous, so I'm excited to see it!

My sister-in-law, Kristen, heads off to college on Saturday.  Her school is only about an hour away, so Kurt and I are planning to go up to help his parents move her in.  We'll probably then have lunch or dinner with his parents, to help ease the transition.  They are going to have a tough time with this, I think. 

I'd also like to throw a trip to Ann Taylor Loft and some time at the pool in there, too, along with finishing my big summer cleanout.  I gotta make the most of my last week of FREEDOM!!

2 comments:

  1. what a busy week - but it sounds so fun!

    somehow i haven't stopped by in a while - but i love your new header - what a cute picture of you two :) i hope you had a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to see Mary Poppins! LOFT is a must!! Enjoy it. I am working on week two now!

    ReplyDelete