I ventured out to see Eat, Pray, Love last night with some friends from college. One girl just had a baby eight weeks ago, so this was one of her first times out since the baby girl made her arrival. I had high hopes for the movie because I really love Julia Roberts. Pretty Woman, My Best Friend's Wedding, Runaway Bride, and Stepmom are some of my favorite movies, and they all happen to star Ms. Roberts.
I've tried to read Eat, Pray, Love at least twice. The first time, I couldn't get into it at all. The second time, I think I read the Italy party, but couldn't move on to India. I hear mixed reviews of the book. Some people love it, some people are kinda meh about it.
I was just kinda "meh" about the movie. There were parts I enjoyed. I really liked when she was in Italy and I liked parts of when she was in Bali. Overall, I felt like the movie was really long and there were parts that were really slow. I almost fell asleep a few times (those of you who know me well know that this isn't a rare thing, though I have gotten better!), but never actually did because something would startle me.
My overall thoughts: Don't pay $12 (seriously??) to see it at the theatres. Wait for it to come out on Netflix!
Park City Utah
4 years ago








Saw it this weekend and thought it was good, but it was hard to get into on certain parts. I liked the guy at the end and was glad she chose him!~
ReplyDelete