This afternoon, Kurt, Macey, and I took a trip down to the National Mall. We live really close to DC, but don't take advantage of all that this area has to offer nearly enough. In the past month, I have been in DC three times (to see a musical, to go to a restaurant for a friend's party, and today for a visit), and quite honestly, I probably hadn't been to DC three times in the previous six months . I hope to get down there much more this spring and summer, even if it's just to take Macey for a nice, long walk. I definitely want to make a trip to see the Cherry Blossoms later this month.
My new camera came in a few weeks ago, so I've been itching to go downtown to take some pics. I convinced Kurt that this would be a good idea on this beautiful pre-spring day and he agreed. As we were driving home, we were chatting about how it was a fun way to spend a few hours. "A very 'family' thing to do," Kurt said. Here are some of my favorite pics from today:
Good old Honest Abe
City Dog
Vietnam Memorial- "The Wall"
The Monument
My favorites
Beautiful scenery
I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend! Back to work tomorrow!








Love those pics AWESOME!! You are becoming quite the photographer with your camera....I hope I can take pics that good once I learn how to work mine LOL....
ReplyDeleteI have been to that mall and it is really BIG! I loved it though! I went the first time we went to Johns Hopkins....because we took Kelcee for her first overnight stay with Greg's brother and his wife and they live really close to DC....so when we came back from Johns Hopkins to cheer me up the next day we all went out to eat and to that mall....I bought lots of goodies LOL....
Have a Happy Day
Summer :0)