Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sunny Saturday!

It's a beautiful, sunny Saturday here on the east coat!  It's a little chilly for my liking, but that's okay because I'm headed for the warm air and sandy beaches of Mexico!  I'm meeting Kurt in Atlanta tomorrow (he's in New Orleans right now for a bachelor party) and then we are heading off to Cancun for a few days to celebrate my 30th birthday, along with my Spring Break and the fact that I sent off my National Board portfolio.  That's right...it's now in the hands of these guys:

to get it to where it needs to be in Texas.  I can't tell you how relieved I am that it's out of my hands now! I have to admit, as I was taping up the box this morning, I had a bittersweet feeling.  I've been working on this sucker since June.  Nine months of work is finally finished.  I have to take a assessment in early June, but I'm not thinking about that right now (for this week, at least!). The kicker is that we don't find out whether we achieved certification or not until November.  It's kind of a waiting game until then.  I just can't let it worry me for the next eight months!

So, how did I celebrate today?

I did a little shopping here:


and got this painted on my toes:


and a very, very, pale pink painted on my fingers.

Now, I'm off to meet my MIL to pass off the Macey pup so she can stay with them while we're on our trip.

Adios amigos!  See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations on being finished and you are right, bittersweet is a good way to describe it! Have a wonderful trip and happy birthday early!

    ReplyDelete