Friday, March 26, 2010

Show Us Your Life

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner
This week's Show Us Your Life over at Kelly's Korner is all about cleaning tips. Here goes nothing!



One of the best purchases we've made has been our Dyson vacuum cleaner. It is the absolute best vacuum there is!  We don't have a lot of carpet in our house, but I use it on our linoleum and hardwood floors, too.  I love how easily the Dyson comes apart in order to reach those hard-to-reach places like getting cobwebs where the wall and ceiling meet and the stairs.


This lovely appliance has also been a savior!  The Bissel Steam Mop is great for cleaning the kitchen and bathroom floors.  I also use it on our hardwood floors and then dry them with a towel as I go.  The Bissel Steam Mop gets floors really clean without any harsh chemicals.



Like most other people, I use products like Windex (I like the one with Vinegar, though) and other cleaners.  The best window clear, in my opinion, though, is homemade.  In a spray bottle, mix water and white vinegar with a little squirt of dish soap.  Spray it on windows and wipe off.  Works like a charm!  My mom taught me this one.

Another homemade cleaner I really like is for my jewelry, especially my engagement/wedding rings. My aunt taught me this and she was taught this by my grandmother who swore by it.  In a shallow dish, mix warm water, ammonia, and some hand soap.  Let your jewelry soak in it for a little bit and then use an old toothbrush to gently brush it.  Rinse with warm water and dry with a soft cloth.  Works like a charm!  My diamonds shine like none other after I use this cleaning trick!

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Oooh thanks for the jewelry solution trick! I am soooo gonna have to try that! I also like the window cleaner idea! Good tips....
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a Happy Friday and a Great Weekend
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete