Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Fives!

Just Me and My Life

This week's Friday Fives over at Beth's is...
5 Things You Miss About Being a Kid!

1.  Being care- and (mostly) worry- free!
I've always been a worrier, even as a kid, but back then my worries were mostly minor things that my parents could easily help me move on from.  Now, I worry about my family having safe trips when they are driving or flying somewhere, that someone will get very sick or die, etc....all those things that I really have no control over.

2. Being obsessed with the latest craze!
I definitely went through my obsession with slap bracelets, pogs, jelly bracelets, jelly shoes, etc.  I have one Silly Band that my cousin gave me (a cute blue anchor--very summery!), but it's just not the same as it was when I was 8!

Pogs- Remember these?!

Slap Bracelets- All the rage at my elementary school!
(Images from Google Images)

3.  Simple pleasures of kids!
Life was so simple back then!  I got excited over the simplest things, like:
- Staying outside until dark during the summer
- The "Art Club" some friends and I started
- Rollerskating in the basement
- Walking to a nearby store to get snowballs

4. Naps
Definitely took these for granted when I was younger!  What I wouldn't do for a daily nap time!

5.  The "great" T.V. shows
I say "great" because looking back on them now, they were really terrible, but I loved the shows on TGIF...Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step, etc.  I always knew how I would be spending my Friday nights...in front of the t.v.!

What do you miss about being a kid?

4 comments:

  1. We still watch Full House with our daughter! haha we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slap bracelets were my favorite! And I love full house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the shows u listed! and omg slap braclets and pogs loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slap braclets LOL- they totally rocked my socks off back in the day! I LOVED THEM!!! Just reading about them I laugh, love it! Love all your answers!
    Thanks for doing my Friday Fives!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete