So, here are a few pictures of my classroom as of yesterday. I feel pretty good about how it looks at this point. I'm trying to not go back in before our first pre-service day, but we'll see if the anxiety sets in next week. $10 says I'll be there one day...much to my dismay!
Teacher Week: Classroom Tour
Classroom Data Center
Our school and class mission statement, class rules, and goals for reading and math will be posted here. Our county follows the "Baldrige" program, so we are all about data!
Word Wall
This will be filled with all of the kindergarten word wall words, as the students learn them, and with all of their names, once we do the 'Name Game' with them.
Curtains!
My friend made these curtains for her classroom and left them with the room. I'm excited to have curtains...so cute!
Math Word Wall and computers
Our math words will be displayed on this board once we learn them.
My desk
Also known as a mess!
Housekeeping
I want to do a little decorating of this area. I'm thinking a placement for the table, as well as a little vase of fake flowers. Any suggestions?
Birthday Cakes
I'm going to take picture of each student at Open House or on the first day of school and put them under their birthday month.
Easel for Painting Center
Instead of putting bulletin board paper on the easel, I decided to use newspaper to make it look more "artsy!"
Other side of the easel and work table
I'll have once of my centers here.
So, that's it for now! I'll be sure to do another post once it is finished. Please excuse all the boxes!
Have a great Thursday!








Many schools in our distict are Baldridge schools as well. Our school is not, but I like all the quality tools and use them frequently. I made a data center last year to chart our behavior and math facts! I will definitely do it again!
ReplyDeleteLookin' Good!! I am thinking it would be a HUGE but FUN change to go to K. Was it your idea?? I would love to try it.
ReplyDeletei love the newspaper print on the easel! so stealing that idea!
ReplyDeleteI love that newspaper idea...genius! Your word wall is perfect too so I saved the pic to use in my room hopefully!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of using your students' pictures for the birthday wall!
ReplyDeleteAnd, I think a little tablecloth would be adorable in your housekeeping center. :)
This looks wonderful! I bet it's a huge change in decorating from 3rd grade to K!
ReplyDelete