Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday!





 
I've decided to join in the fun over at The Undomestic Momma and do my Top 2 Tuesday.  This week, it's all about baby names.  Again, I'm not having a baby in the very near future, but I have a lot of friends who are.  If I had a baby right now, it had better be a girl because I only have two top girls names.  They are:
 
Ella Kate (Kate after me, of course!)
 
Madison Elizabeth (Elizabeth is my middle name)
 
So, clearly I have an obsession with naming my future kid after myself!  No, really though, I think it says a lot for my parents.  I think they did a great job naming me!  No one had just plain "Kate" as a first name when I was born.  It was Katherine or Kathleen, not plain Kate. Lots of people used to ask what it was short for!  Now it's very popular to be just plain Kate...and I like it!

6 comments:

  1. What cute names I really like them! Madison was a top runner before we picked Kelcee! I like the name Hadley too!

    Have a Happy Day
    Summer ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your name picks! I have always loved the name Kate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you will probably have twin girls, it works that you only have 2 girl names :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Jenni, that does work. Doesn't it?! And Kurt will just be SO happy to have twin girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a little biased and love Kate too. People ask me all of the time if I am a Kathleen or Katherine and I love telling them that I am just plain Katie. We pretty much almost have the same exact name... I am Katie Elizabeth. Love Ella Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable names! Especially Ella. I love Madison, and Maddie is super cute, but Ella is a little less common.

    ReplyDelete