Thursday, April 1, 2010

All I Really Need to Know...

"Most of what I really need to know about how to live, and what to do, and how to be, I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top the graduate school mountain, but there in the sand box at nursery school.

These are the things I learned. Share everything. Play fair. Don't hit people. Put things back where you found them. Clean up your own mess. Don't take things that aren't yours. Say you are sorry when you hurt somebody. Wash your hands before you eat. Flush. Warm cookies and cold milk are food for you. Live a balanced life. Learn some and think some and draw some and paint and sing and dance and play and work everyday. "

from All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten  by Robert Fulghum

It looks like I've got some learning to do before August!
Because in August, I will be a kindergarten teacher!
 
I've been hesitant to post anything about my impending grade change before now, in fear that karma would come back to bite me, but as of last Tuesday, it's official!  After six years in third grade, and two years in fifth grade before that, I'm making the move down to kindergarten.
 
I truly have no idea what I'm getting myself into (and many people have said to me, 'Are you crazy?!'), but I'm so excited for a entirely new challenge! 
 
Just like Miss Bindergarten, Mrs. Bradshaw is getting ready for kindergarten!!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. that is for sure a big change! I personally do not think that I could ever do kindergarten. It would be wonderful to know though that you are a huge part of their educational foundation though! I know you will be wonderful Mrs. Bradshaw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a big change but I am sure you are gonna be an AWESOME kindergarten teacher....I love that....all you need to know you learned in kindergarten that is soooo true! How exciting to know you are going to be teaching these young little minds all they need to know....your gonna rock it...so Mrs. Bindergarten move over Mrs. Bradshaw is coming through....LOL....

    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete