Thursday, April 22, 2010

Show Us Your Life- How we met!

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner
Kelly's Show Us Your Life for this week is "How you met your spouse!"

Kurt and I both went to a small college.  There were only about 1600 students (yes, that was the same size as my high school!) at our college when we went there, so everyone seemed to know everyone else. We initially met during the fall of my sophomore year, which was Kurt's junior year. We had Spanish class together with "Manuel."  Manuel was a young professor, and quite honestly, I don't even know his last name! He was just Manuel! Kurt and his roommate at the time, Jon, were in my class.  Jon was a really, really good Spanish speaker...Kurt, not so much!  I guess I was kind of good, to the point that I remember Kurt making fun of me during class.  I think that was his first attempt at flirting!  At that time, we were both in relationships, though his girlfriend was in college in New Mexico.  And I, personally, thought Kurt was kind of a jerky baseball player, who was flirtatious, but kinda cute!

Fast forward to the end of the January of the next year.  We had just come back from Winter Break, a break that was sad for me because my grandfather had died.  Also, my relationship was ending. My roommate, Caitlin, was "friendly" with Kurt's other roommate, Josh.  Apparently when she was over at their apartment, Kurt was asking about me.  She of course came back the next day and told me and boy, was I giddy! Through Caitlin and Josh, we made plans to meet up at a "Hall Crawl" in one of the dorms.  I ended up getting really, really sick and ended up going home for over a week, so that meeting never took place.

Once I came back, Kurt and I met up and began talking. By now, it was around Valentine's Day and some crazy stuff happened (won't bore you with those details!). I feel like I really took a risk to get into a relationship with Kurt one night as we were talking on the phone.  He mentioned that there was no milk at his apartment, so I decided to go buy milk and drive it to him, unannounced, as a surprise! This is so not like me! He was so excited that I had come to his apartment, and we ended up talking for hours. And the rest, ladies and gentleman, is history!  I knew very early into our relationship that he was the one for me!

Here were are now, 10 years later, and married for 2 1/2 years...

I love you, babe!

4 comments:

  1. I love those conversations early in relationships that go on for hours and last until the wee hours of the morning; they are the best! Love the picture with Macey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your sweet story about how y'all met! I love how God works things out, even if it's over time! Y'all are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! That was the best $2 spent for milk, huh?

    ReplyDelete