Thursday, April 29, 2010

Friday Fives!

Beth over at Just Me and My Life is hosting her Friday Fives!  The topic for this week is Top 5 Favorite Movies!  I'll admit, I had to do some thinking about this one!  

Back in the early 90s, my favorite movie was Sister Act and Whoopi Goldberg was my favorite actress.  I wrote her a letter professing my love for her movie about dancing and singing nuns, and she one of her agents wrote back and sent me an autographed picture.  I had that pictures framed in my room for years.  Now, I've moved on from Sister Act...not sure how far I've moved, but it isn't in my top 5 movies anymore!

My top 5 are:


Sixteen Candles
It's such a classic 80s movie! Love the story of Samantha and Jake, and Long-Duck Dong.  My cousin and I quote this movie often ("Sofa City, Sweetheart!" or "My new style American girlfriend.")



The Breakfast Club
Another classic 80s movie!  One of the first posters I ever bought was one that had the quote about each one of us being a "brain, athlete, basketcase, princess, and criminal."
Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club

 

Twenty-Seven Dresses
I really like this story and what's not to love about romantic comedies?!



Forrest Gump
I laughed, I cried, and I actually stayed awake for the whole thing (it's a long, long movie!).  I love Tom Hanks in this role!



The Blind Side
Love the story of one of my Ravens, Michael Oher!  Sandra Bullock rocked as Mrs. Tuohy and I loved the kid who played L.J.  He was hilarious! Great movie!

Now that I've been thinking, there are plenty of other movies that I could go on about!  Too bad it isn't Friday Fifteen!

11 comments:

  1. great fives, i LOVE all these movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot all about 27 dresses! How could I? I loved that one. I'm gonna have to rent it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! Love Blind Side & 27 Dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally forgot about the Breakfast Club. But that was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for doing my Friday Fives!! I love all your picks and sixteen candles is hjands down the best!!! Love your list! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Blind Side and 27 Dresses! I own 27 Dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...Sixteen Candles and Blindside bring back the good old times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 16 Candles was great! I LOVE the Blind Side! Best movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore 16 candles. I must see Blind Side. I think I'm the only female that has not seen this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great picks! Forrest Gump! Man, that movie never gets old! I adore it!

    Lots of Smiles!

    ReplyDelete