Friday, April 16, 2010

Show Us Your Life- Teacher Gifts

Well, I haven't really experienced giving any teacher gifts since umm...the mid-90s, but I do have a lot of experience receiving teacher gifts, as an elementary school teacher for the past eight years.  My school celebrates Teacher Appreciation Week during the first week of May (not sure if that's the national Teacher Appreciation Week, but it's the one our PTA uses!) and always does a great job of honoring us.  We just received a flyer from the PTA about the events during Teacher Appreciation Week, which are:

Monday- Flower Day! 
Each teacher is given a vase and a flower and students are encouraged to bring their teacher a flower.
Tuesday- Luncheon! 
One of my favorite things in life is to not have to make a lunch!  The PTA is getting us lunch from a local BBQ joint.
Wednesday- Snack Day! 
The PTA will have snacks in our staff lounge for us throughout the day.
Thursday- Staff Breakfast! 
The PTA provides breakfast for the entire staff.
Friday- Note Day!
Students and their families are asked to write the teachers letters or notes of appreciation.

I really do appreciate the nice letters, notes, and cards I receive from my students and their families.  It makes me feel really good to know how I have affected my students throughout the year. 

Now, if you really want to buy your child's teacher a gift, I highly recommend a gift card.  I always love getting gift cards to places such as Starbucks, Target, Borders/Barnes and Noble, or our local mall.  One year, my class got together and gave me a gift card (in a really large amount) to Borders, along with a note from every family.  It was so sweet and very touching!  What a great end of the year gift from my class!

3 comments:

  1. What great ideas girlie! Sounds alot like the list I listed! You should go check it out I think you will likey!

    Have an awesome weekend
    xoxo
    Summer ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve that! At my school we do the same thing during teacher appreciation week!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teacher Appreciation Week sounds awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete