Monday, April 26, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday!



Today's Top 2 Tuesday topic (I love alliteration!) over at the Undomestic Momma is favorite things about summer!

As a teacher, my absolute favorite thing about summer is that I'm not working for two and a half months!  I'm so relaxed and (usually) productive during June, July, and August. I seriously cannot imagine having a job that doesn't having a beginning and end.  I need that time to refresh and refocus myself for the next school year. 

My top 2 favorite things about summer, though, are:

The Outer Banks!
Every other year, my mom's side of the family (more than 20 of us in all) meet in the Outer Banks for a week-long vacation.  This is where we are staying this summer.  I cannot wait!  OBX is one of my absolute favorite places on Earth!



Flip-flops and capris!

I'm not really a shorts wearer, so I basically live in capris during the summer.  And who doesn't love a good pair of flip-flops (well, my dad doesn't...but that's another story!)?!

What do you love about summer?

23 comments:

  1. That beach house looks so fun!!! I love that family idea! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! That house looks amazing! I hope yall have a great time! ~andrea
    http://www.andreasattic-andrea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love flip-flops and capris too! And, not having to go to work is my number 1!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of that house you stay at! I'm a new follower. I need more blogs to read and decided to just click on people that linked up for top 2 tuesday. Love your blog! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Outer banks too!! Just wish it were closer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute blog!! New follower! Lovve the Outer Banks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That house is AMAZING!!! I love flip flops!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would be lost without capris! i will do anything to hide the back sides of my legs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh, that house looks amazing!! i want to come with you!! ;)
    how fun that your whole family goes!!

    i think i'm the only person that has a hard time walking in flip flops :(

    p.s. love the blog! new follower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have a fabulous time on your trip! That house is beautiful! I love your blog! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cool that your family can meet up every summer! Awesome house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love flip flops and capris too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our family has done a couple "beach house" trips... it's so fun having the whole clan there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree on the capris thing... I dont like short shorts so I either go for capris or bermuda shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks. My husbands Aunt just got back from the outer banks and she said it was beautiful. I also love flip flops and capris.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the beach & love family beach trips. And love me some flipflops & capris. LOVE SUMMER!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The beach family vacation sounds SOOO fun! I'm dying to take a family trip to the Outer Banks, heard SO many wonderful things about it!

    Ditto on the flip flops and capris as well, I avoid shorts at all costs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That beach house is AMAZING! I am with love me some flip flop and capris!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm out to buy my new Rainbows this weekend! And that beach house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love flip-flops...but I live in Southern California so I wear them all year long :))

    Love your header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That house looks amazing!!

    And I LOVE flip flops too. If my toes wouldn't freeze, I'd wear them every day even in winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow that is a beautiful House!! I'm not very excited about flip flops just yet...I need a pedicure!

    ReplyDelete