On Saturday, I flew to Columbus, Ohio for two family events. Everyone who knows me well knows that I am not one to miss a family party...and that's something I pride myself on! We've never lived close to my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, but the distance has never affected my relationships with them. I feel very close to my cousins, even though I only see them four or five times a year.
When I arrived in Columbus (Kurt stayed home with Miss Macey), my parents were already there, so they picked me up from the airport and we headed to High Street to visit the Ohio State campus. My family is huge Buckeye fans, so it was awesome to be in the middle of things during the spring football game!
Saturday night was a surprise birthday party for my mom's cousin, Sue, at a restaurant in Columbus's German Village. It was so nice to see so many members of my extended family from my mom's side. She had no idea that this party was happening! I love seeing people completely surprised!
When she arrived! In shock!
My mom and some of her cousins
My mom and her sisters and brother
My crazy cousins, Will and Erin, and me!
(They were our ring bearer and flower girl!)
My cousin's daughter, Grace. She loved the cream puffs!
Another party girl, Sarah!
Grace and her mom, Laura! I love how happy they both look here!
After the party, I rode back to my aunt and uncle's house with them so I could attend my cousin Erin's First Communion on Sunday. They live almost two hours from Columbus, so it was kind of a late night.
I'm so happy that I was able to be there with Erin on her special day!
Receiving communion for the first time
Erin and her mom (my cousin Amanda)
Don't let that angelic look fool you!
She was a crazy lady at the after party!
The First Communion girl and me!
I'm so glad that I was able to attend both of these special events this weekend!








Oh my goodness, those First Communion pictures are absolutely adorable. Looks like you had a great family weekend! :)
ReplyDelete