Thursday, April 1, 2010

7 in 7...final tally!

So, my 30th birthday came and went...and I survived!!  I don't feel older, except for this annoying eye twitch that's been bugging me.  I made an appointment with an eye doctor for Monday, so hopefully by then it will be gone.  That's what usually happens for me...I worry, worry, worry, then I make an appointment to get it checked out and it leaves.  So, we shall see.

So, back to my 7 in 7!  Here are the 7 things I wanted to do in the 7 weeks before my 30th and how I did with them!
1. Run a 5K. Did it!  Signed up for a 6K in April, too, and then realized I would be out of town that weekend.  Oh well!  Kurt got me the Garmin Roadrunner for my birthday, which is a GPS in a watch, so I can track my distances.  I'm excited to give it a try.

2. Read a book for pleasure. In keeping with my Nicholas Sparks theme, I read The Last Song.  It comes out in theatres today, I think, but I'm not sure if I will be going to see Miley Cyrus star as Ronnie.  Kurt also got me Jodi Picoult's new book, House Rules, so I'm excited to start that.

3. Try a new food. Had already done that at a Greek restaurant nearby, but also tried sushi while we were in Mexico.  Never again!  Not a sushi fan.  Tried to be, but I'm not!

4. Try a new restaurant. Have gone to a couple of new places!

5. Finish my National Board portfolio and drink a bottle of champagne to celebrate. Sent it off last Saturday!!  Woo!! Did have some champagne to celebrate, but not a whole bottle.  Had a "Yardstick Miami Vice" instead!

6. Cook dinner for Kurt at least once per week. Hmmm...this is the only one I'm not sure I did! 

7. Visit a new place. Cancun, Mexico!  We had a great time, but I'm not sure I'd go back.  I like to try vacation places, so Ireland and Italy are on my list now!

All in all, my 7 in 7 was a success!  Here's to year 30!

2 comments:

  1. Wooo Hooo on your 7! I knew ya could do it....we will just say you cooked for Kurt once a week....LOL....

    I know what your sayin about Miley Cyrus in the movie Last Song....I wanna see it but not sure if I wanna see Miley as Ronnie....

    I'm soooo jealous you just got back from Cancun...how fun....ya got to post more pics....

    Yay on your national board....

    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! And I think oh well about the cooking dinner thing- you can try to cook dinner now for a few weeks since your portfolio is turned it!

    ReplyDelete